Butternut Squash Wedges With Maple ButterFrom champagnetime 3 years ago
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp Pure maple extract (I used about 3 T. maple syrup instead) shopping list
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 (2 1/2-pound) butternut squashes, unpeeled, halved, seeded and cut into 4- by 2-inch wedges (leaving peel on holds wedges together during roasting) shopping list
- 2 Tbs De Carlo extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 tsp Trapani sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black Tellicherry pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 425F. Melt butter, then stir together with maple syrup and nutmeg.
- 2. Toss squash pieces with De Carlo Olive Oil, Trapani Sea Salt, and pepper; divide among 2 shallow baking pans and roast in upper and lower thirds of oven, turning halfway through baking, until tender and starting to brown, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- 3. Pour butter-Pure Maple Extract mixture over wedges and roast until it thickens into a glaze, about 4 minutes more.
- Source: Olive Nation newsletter, 11/16/13