Thai Green Curry with Chicken winter squash and fresh basilFrom darmorrow 6 years ago
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 3 cups low fat coconut milk, divided in half shopping list
- 1 - 2 Tbsp green curry paste shopping list
- 3 - 2 inch pieces of lemon grass stalks, bruised with the bak of a nkif or 1 tsp dryed lemon grass shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 1/4 tsp slat shopping list
- 3 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp tumeric shopping list
- 3/4 lb butternut squash, cut into 1/4 inch dice (about 2 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, cut into strips shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges shopping list
- 1/2 c frozen peas shopping list
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil or Italian basil leaves, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Saute chicken in oil until cooked through.
- Put aside
- Heat wok over med- high heat for 1 min
- Add 1/2 cup of cocont milk. Add curry paste and allow mix to sizzle for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining coconut milk, lemon grass, fish sauce, salt, sugar and tumeric. Increase heat to high and bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Add squash and cook 4 min or until slightly softened, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken, lime leaves, tomatoes, peas, chili pepper and basil leaves; cook 1 minute.
- Serve with rice.
The Cookdarmorrow North Vancouver, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!