Cranberry-walnut oatmealFrom michellem 8 years ago
- 1 cup steel-cut oats(these oats make a creamy and delicious oatmeal) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberrties shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 4 tsp chopped walnuts( I toast mine to bring out their flavor) shopping list
- 4 tsp firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan combine oats, cranberries, salt ,cinnamon and water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered until the oats are tender , about 20 min.
- Spoon the oatmeal into bowls and sprinkle each with walnuts and brown sugar.
- Serve right away!