Apple Puff PastryFrom littlesponger 3 years ago
- parchment paper, for baking shopping list
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted and ready to use shopping list
- 1 -2 small granny smith apples shopping list
- 1/2 lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, or more to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup apricot jelly shopping list
- 1 Tbsp water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter, cold unsalted butter, small diced shopping list
How to make it
- Allow the sheet of puff pastry to thaw on the cutting board for about 10-15 minutes, then cut the sheet into desired sizes and refrigerate while preparing the apples.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking sheet with with parchment paper.
- Cut the apples in half through the stem. Remove the stems and cores with a sharp knife and a melon baller. Slice the apples as thinly as you can. Put them into a bowl, and squeeze lemon juice over. Mix well. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, set a side.
- Place the apple slices in a straight line on top of each pastry, overlapping them as you go. Sprinkle about a 1/2 tsp of mixture of sugar and cinnamon over each pastry, then dot them with the butter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is browned and the edges of the apples start to brown.
- In the microwave or a small saucepan, heat the apricot jelly together with water and brush over the baked tarts completely.
- Loose the tarts with a metal spatula so they don't stick to the paper. Allow to cool and serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.