French Onion DipFrom recipediva 5 years ago
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- potato chips for serving shopping list
- Crudités for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and salt and cook, stirring often, until soft and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the Worcestershire sauce and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the pan bottom. Transfer the onion to a small bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Stir in the onion. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 week. Serve with potato chips and crudités for dipping. Makes about 2 cups.