Easy Fresh Fruit TrifleFrom Good4U 11 months ago
- * You can use raspberries or any other fruit combinations you like together in this. shopping list
- 1-Sara Lee pound cake or Store bought jelly roll you can make your own cake if you want as well. shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries cleaned and sliced. shopping list
- 1 pineapple cleaned cored and sliced into bit sized chunks shopping list
- (You can use canned also but make sure it is well drained) shopping list
- 2 Packages Jello vanilla or banana instant pudding mixes made as per directions. Or do one of each as I did for this one. Mixed separately. shopping list
- *You can make you own homemade custard for this too! Just make sure it is cooled. shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of a good Sherry like TIO PEPE EXTRA DRY FINO SHERRY from Spain (optional) shopping list
- 1 large banana sliced just before ready to serve shopping list
- whipped cream for the top (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Take the frozen pound cake out of the freezer to thaw if using? If you have your own cake just leave it at this time. Mix up the puddings as directed and add the vanilla at the end just before it sets mix well then add the sherry (optional)
- In a large bowl or dish add a large spoonful or two of pudding mix to the bottom of the bowl. Then layer some of the strawberries and pineapple on top of the pudding. Smear a large spoonful of pudding mix on top of the fruit. Slice the pound cake or jelly roll then cut it in half again place them on top the pudding repeat process leaving some pudding for the very top. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight until ready to serve. Myself I prefer this the next day. When ready to served either top with sliced banana and whipped cream or it only having a couple of servings. Spoon onto or into a bowl then slice some banana or more fruit on top and top with whipped cream enjoy!
- *I used Banana pudding for the first half and vanilla pudding on the top portion.
- Have fun!