Grilled Bourbon Beef TenderloinFrom raventx1 8 years ago
- Source: Paula Deen's Classics shopping list
- 1 cup bourbon shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 cups water shopping list
- 3 to 4 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped shopping list
- 1 beef tenderloin, silver connective tissue removed shopping list
- oil for the grill shopping list
- horseradish Cream: shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup horseradish, drained shopping list
- whip cream until stiff. Stir in horseradish, mixing well. shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare marinade by combining bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, cilantro, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, water and thyme.
- Be sure tenderloin is completely trimmed of any fat and connective tissue.
- Fold the tail end of the beef back underneath itself so that it is of uniform thickness.
- Secure with butcher's string. Pour marinade over meat, cover and refrigerate 8 to 12 hours.
- Turn meat over several times during that time.
- Prepare grill for cooking(or preheat oven to 350 degrees).
- When fire is ready, place meat on oiled grill, reserving marinade.
- Cook over high heat with lid closed, turning often, occasionally baste.
- Cooks rare in about 30 to 45 minutes in the oven.
- Serve with Horseradish Cream on the side.