Sage Chicken With Country Ham SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 3 sprigs parsley, 2 sprigs thyme and 1/2 bay leaf tied together in cheesecloth bag shopping list
- 2 cups country ham cut into julienne strips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons julienne strips fresh sage shopping list
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 6 large whole skinless chicken breasts shopping list
How to make it
- Cook butter and flour over moderately low heat in a heavy saucepan whisking for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in broth and bring to a boil.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and parsley mixture and simmer skimming the froth for 25 minutes.
- Strain mixture and put back into the saucepan then stir in ham, sage and cream.
- Simmer until it is reduced to 3 cups.
- Add white pepper and salt to taste and keep warm and covered.
- Preheat oven to 200.
- In a large skillet heat oil and butter over moderately high heat until foam subsides.
- While heating pat chicken dry then season one side with salt and pepper and brown seasoned side down for one minute.
- Season other side then turn and brown one minute.
- Reduce heat to moderately low and cook 3 minutes more on each side or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a baking pan and keep warm in the oven.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!