Easy Prime RibFrom pkusmc 1 year ago
How to make it
- Allow the roast to sit uncovered in the fridge for 24 hours to dry it out (it will sear better!)
- An hour before cooking, remove the roast from the fridge and allow to rest at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 500
- Rub butter on the ends of the roast, and cover with the rub, working it in by hand. Use the rub generously...it's good stuff
- Now, you will need to know exactly how much your roast weighs for the next part.
- Multiply the weight by 5, and this is how long you will be roasting at 500. For instance, if you have a 5 lb roast, 5 x 5 = 25 minutes of roasting time.
- I had a 6 lb roast, so I roasted at 500 for 30 minutes. At precisely the end of that time, turn off the oven and leave it alone for 2 hours. Do not open the oven at all, or the method won't work. I had a hard time believing in this method, but finally gave it a shot and man, is it worth it. What you'll have is a perfectly cooked, medium rare rib roast. It's ready to serve as soon as the 2 hours is up. Hot, juicy, tender....mmmm
- Give it a shot...you'll never cook it another way!
The Cookpkusmc Worcester, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!