Smoked Bacon Wrapped French Vidalia OnionFrom twill10 3 years ago
- thx to hillbilly castiron cooking on facebook. shopping list
- smoked bacon Wrapped French vidalia onion shopping list
- 4 large vidalia onions shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Montreal seasoning shopping list
- 4 thick slices bacon shopping list
- 4 ounces gruyere, slice & torn shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
- Basting Sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon Montreal seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Prep smoker to 250 degrees F.
- Peel and cut about 1/2” of the onion tops. Trim off a small amount of the bottom of onions so they stand upright. With spoon, scoop out a few of the inner the layers of the onion leaving the majority of the outer layers.
- Brush onions with olive oil and liberally sprinkle seasoning over each onion. Wrap bacon slices around each onion; secure with toothpick.
- Combine basting sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl. Put 2 tablespoons of sauce in the center of each onion. Smoke for 2 hours. Baste every 30 minutes. The last 5-10 minutes, place cheese inside and around onions allowing melting.
- Garnish with parsley
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!