Cinnamon Bun French Toast MuffinsFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- ½ cup coconut flour shopping list
- ¼ tsp baking soda shopping list
- ¼ tsp sea salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 4 eggs, beaten shopping list
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk shopping list
- ⅓ cup dark amber honey shopping list
- 2 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tbsp dark amber honey shopping list
- 2 tbsp coconut butter, melted shopping list
Icing (*NOT SCD friendly*):
- ¼ cup powdered sugar shopping list
- ½ - 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk, warmed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line 8 muffin cups.
- Whisk together the coconut flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, almond milk and honey, beating until smooth.
- Fill the cups ¾ full with the batter.
- In another bowl, mix the cinnamon, honey and melted coconut butter. Spoon over each cup of batter (you may have a bit left over - spread it on toast!)
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then carefully turn out and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sugar and warm almond milk.
- Drizzle over the cooled muffins and let set.
For an SCD-friendly icing, puree: 1 tbsp soft coconut oil, 1 tbsp honey, and 3 tbsp coconut butter until smooth. This does not set as firm.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth448 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Dairy Free110 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members
Good For Your Soul Food30 members