Gluten Free Chocolate Almond CakeFrom frantic 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced)
- Prepare cake tin.
- 8” Spring form tin: grease, then flour to prevent sticking.
- 8” Normal tin: line with baking paper
- Part 1 ingredients
- 120g almond meal
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, melted (preferably couverture)
- Part 1 method
- Melt the chocolate and add the almond meal, combine well. Set aside and keep warm, so it doesn’t set before the next bits are added … or work quickly!
- Part 2 ingredients
- 100g softened butter (definitely not margarine)
- 100g castor sugar
- Part 2 method
- Cream until sugar is utterly combined with the butter
- Part 3 ingredients
- 2 eggs
- touch of vanilla essence
- Putting it all together
- Firstly, combine part 2 with part 3.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the part 2 mixture, incorporating each one fully before adding the next. Add vanilla essence.
- Fold this combined mixture very gently into the chocolate base mixture (part 1), keeping it light and fluffy. Pour into the prepared cake tin and level.
- Cook for 45 minutes, or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean (timing depends on the oven consistency). Cool in tin. Turn out, slice and serve with Chantilly Cream (recipe follows) or a scoop of ice cream.
- Chantilly Cream ingredients
- Thickened cream
- Castor sugar
- Brandy (just a tablespoon would do, or Baileys or Kahlua … take your pick)
- Vanilla essence
- Chantilly Cream method
- Whip to desired consistency. The ‘dollop’ method would require less whipping than that required for piping.
- Can also be topped with brandy soaked strawberries or cherries to make a ‘pseudo’ Black Forrest torte and dusted with pure icing sugar. Possibilities are endless. Use your imagination and enjoy!
The Cookfrantic Cleve, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!