Honey Orange ChickenFrom mrspaquet 9 months ago
- for the chicken : shopping list
- 2 chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup of flour shopping list
- garlic salt, pepper shopping list
- for the sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup of honey shopping list
- 2 Tbs orange juice shopping list
- 2 Tbs sesame oil shopping list
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar shopping list
- red pepper flakes to taste shopping list
- 1 Tbs corn starch shopping list
- 1 Tbs water shopping list
How to make it
- in a saucepan over medium heat, add the honey, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and rice vinegar. whisk and bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl stir together the cornstarch and water. once the mixture is boiling, while continuing to whisk, slowly add the cornstarch mixture. bring back to a boil and then turn down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- remove from the heat and allow to finish thickening.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces, put flour into a gallon zip bag, add garlic salt and pepper and shake .
- Meanwhile, heat just enough oil to cover the bottom of a heavy skillet over medium heat. once the oil is hot cook the chicken, turning occasionally until golden and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- drain on a paper towel and then toss in the sauce and serve over sticky rice.