Eggplant DipFrom helewes 9 years ago
- 1 eggplant (1 1/2-pounds) shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, grated or finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers shopping list
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 4 pitas shopping list
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, and diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Set the eggplant on a baking pan or dish and pierce it a few times with a knife.
- Bake it until it becomes soft, about 30 minutes; it should pierce easily with a fork.
- Remove it from the oven and let cool.
- When completely cooled, peel the skin off and put the flesh into a blender or food processor.
- Add the onions, capers, and lemon juice.
- Turn on the machine, then gradually add the olive oil.
- Continue to blend until the eggplant is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the oregano, salt, pepper, and vinegar.
- Warm the pitas briefly on a baking sheet, then cut each of them into 8 wedges.
- Arrange them on a plate or platter.
- Just before serving, stir the tomato and parsley into the dip.
- Serve and Enjoy
The Cookhelewes Newton, NJ
The Rating1 people
I loved the flavor and the capers added a great piquant taste. I'm a sucker for vinegar and capers and this dish was spot-on delicious. We ran out of pita and ummm, some of us just used a spoon to finish the dip. They shall remain nameless.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!