Double-chocolate Cream RollFrom mamajune 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1.) 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening shopping list
- 2.) 5 eggs, separated shopping list
- 3.) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4.) 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided shopping list
- 5.) 3 tablespoons baking cocoa shopping list
- 6.) 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 7.) 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk shopping list
- 8.) 2 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate pudding mix or 2 packages (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix shopping list
- 9.) 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed shopping list
- 10.)3 tablespoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping, divided shopping list
- 11.)1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided shopping list
- 12.)1 tablespoon fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; line with parchment paper, coated with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in vanilla. Combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar, cocoa and salt; gradually add to egg yolks. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert the cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with remaining confectioners' sugar. Gently but quickly peel off parchment paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Set aside 1 cup. Unroll cake; spread remaining filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in of edges. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of caramel topping; sprinkle with 6 tablespoons of walnuts. Roll up again. Spread reserved filling over cake roll. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce and remaining caramel topping. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 Servings.