Vegetarian Cheese Herb SausagesFrom frooo 9 years ago
- 1 cup tasty cheese grated shopping list
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs shopping list
- 1 medium onion, peeled and grated shopping list
- 150 grams breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 3/4 t dry mustard powder or 1 teaspoon mustard shopping list
- black pepper and salt to season shopping list
- For coating and frying: shopping list
- 25g breadcrumbs shopping list
- 25g grated parmesan shopping list
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 T oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl with onion, cheese and herbs.
- Add mustard powder and seasonings.
- Add egg yolk, stir to bind.
- Divide into 12 portions and roll/squeeze into a sausage shape
- Mix breadcrumbs with parmesan and dip each sausage into egg yolk then the mix of breadcrumbs/cheese
- Heat shallow layer of oil, fry for 5-6 minutes until crisp and golden, turn then once.
- Drain before service.
The Cookfrooo Wellington, NZ
The Rating3 people
Frooo,this is a great Vegetarian Cheese Herb Sausage. I am going to try this out as a burger with a thick slice of portabella mushroom on top and toasted sesame whole wheat buns.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I made these tonite and they were sooo good! really easy and fast to make! thank you for this amazingly easy recipe!karang in loved it
oops, forgot to rate it!!! :)karang in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!