Vegan Cinnamon Apple CrispFrom panda 6 years ago
- Filling ingredients: shopping list
- 4 pounds (about 8) apples, peeled, cored, quartered and cut in 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- juice of 1/2 a lemon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (corn or potato starch would be an okay substitution) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- tiny pinch cloves (about 1/16 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- Topping Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, squeeze lemon juice over sliced apples.
- Add the arrow root and spices making sure all apples are coated.
- Move apple mixture to the baking dish and drizzle the maple syrup over it.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping. Sift dry ingredients together and in a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients well.
- Fold wet into dry, mixing with a fork as you go along, until well coated and crumbly.
- When apples are done baking, remove from oven and toss, then flatten them evenly with the back of a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apple mixture and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until top feels crispy.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookpanda Des Moines, IA
- Not added to any groups yet!