Oooey Gooey Best Grilled CheeseFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 8 slices good-quality bread, such as a french loaf or ciabatta shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup cup monterey jack cheese, grated shopping list
- butter-flavored cooking spray shopping list
- Real mayonnaise shopping list
- Optional toppings: sliced tomato, sliced avocado, bacon shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the cheddar and monterey jack cheese. Mix until blended.
- Spread mayonnaise on 4 slices of bread.
- Flip slices over and sprinkle, evenly, with cheese mixture.
- Compact cheese lightly with hand.
- Top with remaining bread slice.
- Spread mayonnaise on top of that slice of bread.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet, sprayed lightly with butter-flavored cooking spray,over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- Place sandwiches in pan and press down lightly.
- Cook until first side is golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip sandwiches, press lightly again, and continue to cook until that side is golden brown. About 2 minutes.
- Serve as is or add a topping of your choice.
- Also delicious when dipped in tomato dipping sauce, recipe posted or cream of sun-dried tomato soup, recipe also posted! (Of course, you can't go wrong with Campbell's Tomato Soup either!!!!)
- Using mayonnaise instead of butter gives it a fabulous flavor. It has to be real mayonnaise though, low-fat or non-fat is too watery to work in place of the butter.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!