Chocolate FondueFrom floridasunshine 10 years ago
How to make it
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, combine the chocolate and 1/2 cup milk or cream and melt gently in a barely simmering water bath or microwave on Medium (50 percent) power for about 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add more liquid if the sauce seems too thick or look curdled.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Use warm fondue immediately or set aside until needed and rewarm briefly.
- Have forks, skewers, or pretty (or goofy) swizzle sticks available for guests to dip with.
- If the fondue gets too thick or cool, reheat gently (without boiling) for 1 minute in the microwave on Medium (50percent) power or set in a pan of barely simmering water.
- Leftover sauce keeps several days in the refrigerator.
- It is a prefect topping for ice cream.
- Note: This is a versatile recipe that can be tailored to your taste and the type of chocolate you are using.
- For the most intense chocolate fondue, use milk, rather than half-and-half or cream, and omit the butter.
- For even greater intensity, choose a bittersweet chocolate labeled anywhere from 66 percent to 70 percent and use the greater amount of liquid called for.
- First you butter or cream results in a softer, mellower chocolate flavor.
- Note: ideas for dipping: Kumquats or segments of seedless clementines, oranges, or ruby grapefruit- If possible, separate the citrus into segments without breaking the membrane.
- Next you want to set the segments on a rack to dry in a warm place or in the oven, preheat oven to 200° F, then you want to turned off for several hours, the membrane will dry like crisp paper and the juices burst open.
- Some great ideas: chunks of pineapple, Chunks of fresh coconut or large, curls of dried coconut , Chunks of banana, Dried fruit such as apricot, mango, papaya, pineapple, or Bing cherries Strips of good-quality candied orange, grapefruit or lemon peel ,Cubes of pound cake or angel food cake, or toasted cubes of brioche or challah, fan wafers, graham crackers or digestive biscuits, or pretzels Marshmallows or meringues Toasted shaved almonds (to sprinkle on after dipping).
The Cookfloridasunshine Berkeley, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!