Special Wintry Pudding with Vanilla SauceFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1 c flour shopping list
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 ½ c fresh or thawed frozen cranberries shopping list
- ½ c molasses shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ c boiling water shopping list
- ½ c unsalted butter shopping list
- ¾ c white sugar shopping list
- ½ c evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- ¼ tsp nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Blend first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine molasses and baking soda in another bowl, add boiling water and mix very well (mixture will foam slightly).
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and blend well.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Bring to a soft boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Serve pudding hot with warm sauce.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth446 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits280 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Whole Foods142 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Original Recipes143 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members