Zucchini SalsaFrom dsmith0616 8 years ago
- 10 cups zucchini, peeled and shredded (about 2 huge or 4 regular) shopping list
- 4 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup pickling salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoon dry mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cumin shopping list
- 2 cups white vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 5 cups peeled, chopped ripe tomatoes (about 4 huge or 8 regular) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 cans tomato paste (6 oz each or sometimes can get 12-14 oz for cheaper, then just 1 can) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine; Zucchini, onions, green pepper, red pepper and the salt Mix together cover and let stand a few hours or over night.
- Next day rinse, drain well and put into a large pot then add mustard, garlic, cumin, vinegar, brown sugar, pepper flakes, cornstarch, nutmeg, pepper, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Put into jars, I do ½ pints (home watching a movie size) and pints (company’s coming size)
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- If you want it "HOT" just add a dozen finely chopped jalapenos