Steamed MusselsFrom recipediva 7 years ago
- 4 pounds mussels shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, shaved shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium shopping list
- Pinch red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and cut in large dice shopping list
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (LOL,sometimes more!! Makes a rich broth) shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the mussels under cold running water while scrubbing with a vegetable brush.
- Discard any with broken shells.
- Heat oil in a 6 to 8-quart stockpot.
- Saute the shallot, garlic and thyme to create a base flavor.
- Add the mussels and give them a good toss.
- Add wine, lemon juice, chicken broth and red pepper flakes; cover the pot and steam over medium-high for 5 minutes until the mussels open.
- Toss in the tomato, parsley and butter, recover the pot, and steam for another minute to soften.
- The tomatoes should keep their shape. Serve with plenty of grilled garlic bread to sop up the broth
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating1 people
This is truly wonderful....we love the broth and the bread dipped in it, too.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it