Vanilla Cresent CookiesFrom coffeebean53 6 years ago
- 14 TB softened unsalted butter, no substitutes shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 TB vanilla extract shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 c. finely ground blanched almonds shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. sifted flour shopping list
- 1 c. confectioner's sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Beat buter, sugar, yolks, vanilla and salt until fluffy. Add almonds and 1 2/3 c. flour and continue to beat until blended. Add remaining flour by hand. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces, wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets. Roll 1/4 of dough into a 12" rope, cut into 12 one inch pieces. Shape each piece into a 3" log, tapering the ends and bend into cresents; place 1" apart on baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool until warm then roll in confectioner's sugar. Set on racks and sift remaining sugar over cookies. Makes 4 dozen cookies.