Beef and couscous stuffed roasted peppersFrom jaie 6 years ago
- 1 pound lean or 95% lean ground beef shopping list
- 4 large red bell peppers, cut lengthwise in half and without seeds shopping list
- 1 cup chopped zucchini shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1-5.8 ounce package of olive-oil-and-garlic flavored couscous mix shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chooped pitted kalamata or black olives shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet,arrange peppes, cut side down. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until pepper begin to brown. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large nn-stick skillet, cook beef and zucchini on medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Make sure the beef is no longer pink.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in water and seasoning packed from couscous mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, remove from heat.
- Cover and let stan 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in olives.
- Spoon mixture evenly into each pepper half.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Warm up in 350° oven if desired or if peppers cooled too much.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!