Sweet Potato And Goat Cheese FrittataFrom heatherbudapest 9 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- crushed red chili pepper flakes to taste (according to how spicy you like things) shopping list
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated (I used what is called a "garnet yam" in the US) shopping list
- ½ sweet onion (I used a red one), chopped fine shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 free-range eggs shopping list
- 6 ounces of soft goat cheese (chevre) shopping list
- generous handful fresh basil shopping list
- optional -- other herbs such as thyme, tarragon, chervil, or parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or other ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sweet potato, and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until the onion and potato are soft and somewhat browned. Turn off the heat.
- Crumble the goat cheese into the sweet potato mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Using a kitchen shears, cut small pieces of the basil (and other herbs, if used) into the egg mixture. Add crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add the beaten egg and herbs to the skillet and stir well, then place into the oven and bake for five minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through. (For me, because I used a room-temperature glass baking pan rather than a skillet, it took about 15 minutes.)
The Cookheatherbudapest By The Lakeside, MI
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!