Marinara SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 small white onions chopped shopping list
- 2 small carrots chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 18 medium very ripe plum tomatoes peeled, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onions, carrots and garlic in oil until onions are soft.
- Season with pepper then add tomatoes.
- Stir sauce well then add salt and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Push sauce through a food mill then melt butter and add strained sauce.
- Cook 15 minutes stirring often.
- Right before serving add hot red pepper.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
Seems like a lot of pepper. Is the measurement right? Shouldn't it be 1 tsp?pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Although tasty, I'm hoping you did a switcheroo on the salt and pepper positions in the recipe. Could only stand to put 2 teaspoons pepper in the mix and left out the hot pepper measure all together. Had to add salt at the end to bring out more flavo...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!