Low-fat Chocolate Zucchini CakeFrom jfong252 6 years ago
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup of egg substitute (or 4 eggs) shopping list
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup of applesauce shopping list
- 3 cups of grated zucchini shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 in baking pan (I used two 9in cake pans).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg substitute, oil, and applesauce. Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the zucchini until evenly distributed.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Wait until the cake is completely cooled and then you can frost the cake with your favorite frosting (I used light cool whip mixed with a bit of cocoa powder for a chocolate frosting).