Pineapple CakeFrom cherriepie 7 years ago
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut shopping list
- 450g can crushed pineapple in syrup shopping list
- 125g butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour shopping list
- 6 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar, extra shopping list
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar shopping list
- 300ml thickened cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup (40g) icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Toast coconut in frying pan, stirring. constantly, about 2 minutes or until browned lightly. Remove from pan and cool.
- Drain pineapple and reserve 1/2 cup of the syrup.
- Preheat oven to 180deg (160deg - fan forced). Grease two deep 20cm round springform tins, line bases and sides with baking paper
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with electrical mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl and stir in sifted flour, pineapple, and reserved syrup. Divide mixture between tins; bake 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add extra caster sugar , beating until sugar dissolves between additions. Fold in toasted coconut.
- Remove cakes from oven, working quickly, divide coconut mixture over cakes in tins, using spatula to spread evenly so tops are completely covered.
- Bake about 30 minutes. Stand cakes in tins 5 mins then carefully loosen meringue from baking paper around inside of tin. Release sides of tins. Cool
- Meanwhile, beat the cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form.
- Place one cake on serving plate, spread with cream. Top with remaining cake; dust with sifted icing sugar.
The Cookcherriepie Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!