Cheesy Chicken Taco CasseroleFrom bemontgomery 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 - 24 oz jar pasta sauce or enchilada sauce shopping list
- 9 (5-inch) corn tortilllas shopping list
- 1 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack shopping list
- 1 small tomato (sliced) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in small skillet and add cold wter to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium-low and cook, turning over once or twice, until firm (about 10 minutes).
- Remove and let cool, then cut into small pieces or shred. You should have approximately 3 cups of chicken.
- Spread 1/3 of sauce over bottom of a 7x11 baking dish. Arrange 3 tortillas slightly overlapping on top and sprinkle with 1/3 or chicken and cilantro. Top with 1/3 of cheese. Make two more layers following these instructions.
- Arrange tomato slices on final layer of cheese, cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove foil and cook 10 more minutes until top is slightly browned.