Ham N Bacon Cheesy CasseroleFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1/2 lb. chopped, cooked ham *I like to use 1 lb. cubed, cooked ham shopping list
- 1/2 lb. bacon shopping list
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) Velveeta pasteurized cheese, cubed shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- Note: This recipe doesn't call for cubed potatoes, but I like to add them. I also like to garnish this casserole with fresh parsley. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon of drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Cook ham in reserved drippings in skillet over medium low heat until browned.
- Cook grits according to package directions. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and butter until melted. Stir in bacon, ham, eggs, and remaining ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set.
- NOTE: Casserole can be prepared a day ahead; covered and chilled. Remove from refrigerator the following day, and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Bake as directed.