Lemon Souffle PieFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 baked 9 inch pastry shell shopping list
- 1 cup of boiling water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of butter shopping list
- grated rind of one lemon shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup of sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice shopping list
- 6 tablespoons of sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In top of double boiler over hot water, combine boiling water, butter and lemon rind. Separate the eggs, putting 2 whites in a separate bowl. Beat yolks until thick. Mix sugar with cornstarch and salt. Slowly add to yolks; beat until fluffy. Add lemon juice and mix slowly. Pour into hot water mixture, stiring constantly. cook and stir until very thick. Do not over cook. Cool while beating the two egg whites until stiff. Fold into cooled filling.
- Meringue: Beat remaining 3 egg whites until frothy. Gradually beat in the 6 tbsp of sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in vanilla. Pour filling into baked and cooled shell. Spread meringue so that it touches the shell all the way around. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until deep gold and tinged with brown.