Zucchini SaltimboccaFrom dsmith0616 8 years ago
- * 4 medium zucchini (about 2 pounds) shopping list
- * salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- * 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto shopping list
- * 1 small bunch of sage shopping list
- * 1/3 pound Fontina cheese, thinly sliced shopping list
- * 2 large eggs shopping list
- * 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- * pure olive oil, for frying shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- * 1 lemon, cut into wedges shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut each zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. You should have 28 slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Lay the prosciutto over half the zucchini slices. Top with 2 small sage leaves and the Fontina. Cover with the remaining zucchini slices. Cover the zucchini with paper towels and press down to extract any excess moisture.
- 3. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. In a plate, season the flour with salt and pepper. Dip the zucchini in the egg, then dredge in the flour. Transfer to a plate.
- 4. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until shimmering. Add the stuffed zucchini without crowding the pan and cook over moderately high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in a low oven. Repeat with the remaining zucchini, adding more oil to the skillet as necessary.
- 5. Add some sage leaves to the skillet and fry until crisp. Cut the zucchini into triangles and transfer to a platter. Top with the fried sage leaves. Sprinkle with the Parmigiano-Reggiano and parsley and serve with the lemon wedges.
- MAKE AHEAD The recipe can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.
The Cookdsmith0616 VA
- Not added to any groups yet!