Cheddar Cheese BiscuitsFrom techbunny 8 years ago
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cheddar, shredded (to taste) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon parmesan (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients including the cheddar. In a medium size bowl combine the wet ingredients. Pour the wet into the dry and mix gently. DO NOT over mix and DO NOT knead. The dough should be a bit sticky. It if isn't you need some more buttermilk. Once it forms a soft ball you are done. Break the dough in half. Place on lightly floured surface. Roll or press the dough into a round of at least an 1 inch more likely an 1 1/2 thick. Cut out using an open cutter (meaning one that is open at the top) or glass. Repeat with second half of dough. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and place in 400 degree oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. They should be lightly golden on the top. Don't overcook . It makes up to 16 if done properly. Obviously the bigger they are the smaller the number. I usually get 14-ish.
- These also freeze really well. Try to use them within 2 months though.
The Cooktechbunny Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!