Pepperoni and parmesan pitta pizzasFrom kerrymarie 8 years ago
- 4 white pitta breads shopping list
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes with herbs shopping list
- 2 pinches of caster sugar shopping list
- 2 pinches of hot chilli powder shopping list
- 2 sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 thin slices of pepperoni, shredded into strips shopping list
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 small yellow pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 8 green olives, pitted and halved shopping list
- 5g freshly grated parmesan shopping list
- 30g ricotta cheese shopping list
- A small handful of shredded basil leaves shopping list
- A handful of wild rocket leaves shopping list
- balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat a conventional oven to 220ºC or a fan-assisted one to 200ºC. Run a sharp knife 1cm in from the edge of each pitta bread and follow the outline to remove the top layer of bread and create a border for the pizzas.
- Place the pittas directly onto the top shelf of the oven and cook for two minutes to crisp up.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped tomatoes in a sieve to remove all the excess juice. Divide the tomatoes among the pittas and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle each with the sugar and chilli powder. Top with the sundried tomatoes, pepperoni, red onion, pepper and olives. Sprinkle over the parmesan and dot the ricotta on top.
- Bake the pittas directly on the oven shelf for eight minutes or until cooked. Serve immediately, scattered with the basil and rocket leaves and drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
The Cookkerrymarie Somerset, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!