Cherry Coffee CakeFrom craftyazgirl 5 years ago
- 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup each butter and solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon each vanilla and almond extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 of a can of a 21oz. can of cherry pie filling shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to350.F
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, shortening, eggs, baking powder, salt and flavorings.
- Beat, scraping sides of bowl occasionally, for 3 minutes or until well blended.
- Stir in flour, mixing well.
- Spoon 2/3 of the batter into a 9-inch greased square pan.Evenly spread the pie filling over the batter.
- useing a tablespoon, drop the remaining batter over the top ( pie filling will not be completely covered).
- Bake at 350.F for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
- You can use apple or blueberry pie filling, if you wish. Eliminate the almond extract and increase the vanilla to 1 teaspoon. While warm, drizzle with a glaze made by mixing together 1/2 cup powder sugar and 2 to 4 teaspoons milk (optional).
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating2 people
This would be soooooo good with ice cream, vanilla bean ice cream.....tuilelaith in Columbia loved it