Stromboli DoughFrom silver_raven_venus 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine water, yeast, and sugar in bread machine. Allow to dissolve and get a bit frothy
- Add flour, 2 TBSP olive oil, 2 tsp salt, flour into bread machine
- Set to "dough" (don't allow it to bake)
- 90 minutes later...
- Set oven to 375 F
- Split dough in half (you will have two strombolis, bake time is for both in the preheated oven)
- Roll out dough on floured surface 8 inches by 10 inches (approx. size of a sheet of paper--you can adjust to your preference, taking care to know that the dough tears easily if too thin)
- Put on veggies, "meats and cheeses", pesto sauce, etc, as desired. Careful not to put *too* much on (especially watery/oily sauces), because you have to roll it up!
- Roll up so that the longer (10 inches) way is the width.
- Pinch ends and tuck under.
- Poke a few holes in the top (unless you want it to touch the rack above/top of the oven...haha).
- Cover in remaining olive oil, rubbing in some herbs.
- Shake small amt of salt on
- Put on aluminum on a cookie sheet or whatever it fits on (they are really big, usually)
- Bake in preheated oven 30-35 min, depending on your preference.
- Slice and enjoy with pesto sauce, marinara, or other dipping sauces!