Wicked Peach Cobbler Patti Labelles RecipeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- Wicked peach Cobbler (Patti LaBelle) shopping list
- Basic Piecrust for Double-Crust Pie (I use Pillsbury Doughboy pie crust In the red box in the refrigerated section of your super market. shopping list
- 3 pounds medium peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4" slices shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for the top crust shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, chilled, cut into small pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 Lightly butter a round baking dish, like a casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, toss the peaches, cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Fold in the butter. Spoon half of the peach mixture into the prepared dish.
- Place a piece of rolled out pie crust ontop of peaches, top with remaining peaches. Place last piece of pie crust on top. Crimp edges of top crust. Cut a few slits in top, place on a pan to catch any drips.
- Bake until the fruit juices are bubbling and thr top is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Sprinkle the tolp of the dough with cinnamon. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- * What I did was put one piece of pie crust in the bottom of my pan, baked it till it was almost done, then put a layer of half of the peach mixture on it, another piece of pie crust, rest of the peaches and topped it with another piece of pie crust (that requires two boxs of pillsbury doughboy pie crust) Then baked it for the required amount of time. Served it with Vanilla Ice Cream, and it was to die for.
- Hope you enjoy it!
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating4 people
Sounds sooooo good - I've got a sweet craving......AGAIN!!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I prepared this awesome dessert, however, complimented it with a little twist. I dipped the pie squares into a heavy cream and maple syrup sauce prior to baking, then added the reserve sauce to whipping cream as a topper for the cobbler.Lindysq in loved it