French Canadian Pea SoupFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 pound dried peas shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated carrots shopping list
- 8 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pound salt pork shopping list
- 1 small bay leaf shopping list
- 1 large white onion chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried savory shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and sort peas then soak in cold water overnight.
- Drain and place in a large pot then add water, parsley, salt pork, onion, celery, carrots, parsley, bay leaf, savory and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 hours.
- Remove salt pork then chop and return to soup.
- Discard bay leaf and season with salt and pepper.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating11 people
This was one of my faves outta the can - good ol' Habitant soup. This looks a tad more nutritious though!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
got my 5 GFmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Southern Cooks561 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Anything Goes289 members
Family Favorites141 members
Out Of This World Taste10 members
Tried And True Recipes40 members