Try this for a diffferent approach to good eating A scrumptious mixture in a roll which can be served as is or enhanced with a cream or cheese sauceFrom nancerose 8 years ago
- 2 x 7 1/2 oz canned salmon, (red is best), drained, skin and round bones removed shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onon shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, cold shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Mix first 7 ingredients together. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add milk to flour mixture. Stir until ball forms. Turn out on lightly floured surgace. Knead 8 times. Divide into 2 balls. Roll each ball into rectangle about 7 x 10 inches. Spread with salmon mixture. Rol from long side as for jelly roll. Cut each foll into 8 slices. Lay cut side down on greased baking sheet. Bake in 400 degres F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until nicesly browned.
- Makes 16
- Food Humor:
- You have seen everything when you see a salad bowl and a square dance.