Vegan Chicken NuggetsFrom oescrazy1 6 years ago
How to make it
- Unwrap the tofu and shake off any excess moisture. Place the tofu in a freezer bag or wrap well in plastic, then freeze the sealed tofu for at least 24 hours.
- The next day, thaw the tofu by placing it—unwrapped—into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl and microwave on high, checking every 2 to 3 minutes to make sure the tofu doesn’t cook. Once thoroughly defrosted, gently squeeze out any excess moisture and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a shallow bowl, add the bread crumbs and spices, mixing well. In a separate bowl, pour 1/2 cup of water.
- Dip each piece of tofu first into the water, lightly shake off any excess water, and then coat with the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Put the breaded tofu cubes on a lightly oiled baking pan and baked 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with a dipping sauce such as sweet and sour or barbecue, or spicy mustard.
The Cookoescrazy1 AR
The Rating6 people
Thanks for the great tip on the tofu freezing. Can't wait to try this. Bet my Daddy, a vegetarian, will love these. Much cheaper than buying the vege-chicken too.
Thanks so much.dottiet in Woodward loved it
I tried this as well, and the texture is really close to chicken! fantastic alternativesquidink in San Marcos loved it
These were pretty good. A bit garlicky, but I like garlic, and wasn't using exact measurements, so maybe I just put in a bit more than the recipe called for. Either way I enjoyed them. Great with ketchup!
Really liked the texture of the fr...moreEmiCip11 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!