Rosemary Lemon Roasted ChickenFrom nikchick 7 years ago
- oil for rack shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 2-4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped (I love garlic and often use more) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 whole chicken (3.5 to 4 pounds), rinsed and patted dry, giblets removed shopping list
- 1 lemon, halved shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place a shallow roasting pan in the oven while it preheats. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Oil a rack.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and set aside. Combine remaining softened butter, garlic, and rosemary (I do this in the food processor) until smooth and well-combined.
- Loosen the skin covering the chicken breast and work the seasoned butter under the skin, over the breast meat. Squeeze half the lemon over the outside of the chicken, squeeze the other half into the chicken cavity. Leave the squeezed lemon half inside the cavity. Brush the chicken with the melted butter and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Remove the heated pan from the oven and set the oiled rack inside. Pour an inch or so of water in the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken on the rack, wing side up. Roast for 20 minutes then turn the bird so the other wing side is up. Roast another 20 minutes, then turn the chicken breast side up and roast until the breast temperature reads 160 degrees F, another 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooknikchick Seattle, WA
The Rating4 people
This is divine. Just think of the aromas between the rosemary, garlic, and lemon. Bliss!!!!!borinda in SoCal loved it
Delicious, what a wonderful recipe...thanks!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
This looks wonderful! Great post!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!