Lemon Chicken with ArtichokesFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, with rind, very thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine; chablis or Bianca shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- oregano, about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon shopping list
- 1-14 ounce can whole artichokes hearts, NOT marinated shopping list
- cooked rice to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Pound chicken to 1/4-inch squares, cut to small serving sizes.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add garlic an sauté until soft.
- Add lemon and mushrooms and sauté until soft.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Add wine, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Sauté, stirring frequently until chicken is done.
- About 20-30 minutes.
- Remove and discard garlic.
- Add artichoke hearts and heat thoroughly.
- If needed, add more wine. (If it seems dry)
- Serve the cooked lemon, chicken and artichoke hearts over rice.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!