Outbacks Aussie Fries and DipFrom jaie 8 years ago
- Dip: shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoon prepared horseradish shopping list
- cayenne pepper, to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- Fries: shopping list
- 1-2 pound bag frozen french fries shopping list
- 1 cup colby-Jack Shredded cheese shopping list
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and drained shopping list
- garlic powder, salt and pepper, optional shopping list
- peanut oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, mix well all ingredients for dip. Cover and refrigerate until fries are done.
- In a dutch oven, heat peanut oil until 350°. If you don't have a thermometer, just test with one fry. It should start to cook as soon as it hits the oil.
- Fry the french fries in small batches. Drain on paper towel and season with salt. (I also season the fries with garlic powder and some pepper, but they don't.)
- Put fries on oven-safe platter.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle cheese and bacon on fries and put in oven until cheese just begins to melt. You don't want it like Cheez Whiz!
- Serve with dipping sauce.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating6 people
Love It!rml in loved it
Just found this little treasure! I never go to Outback, so this is new to me. A definate keeper! Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
So sorry.. did not see this until after I posted just about the same one... I will remove mine if you like. This is a great recipe! Worth a 5 to me!linebb956 in La Feria loved it