Coconut CakeFrom kjroxx 8 years ago
- 2 cups shredded coconut shopping list
- 2/3 cup water shopping list
- 250g unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar shopping list
- 1 tspn vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted shopping list
- icing shopping list
- 3 cups icing (confectioners) sugar, sifted shopping list
- 40g unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- few drops of pink colouring shopping list
- strawberry flavouring (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded coconut for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 160C (320F)
- 2. Place cocnut and water in bowl and stir to combine. Set aside
- 3. Place butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer and beat for 8 - 10 minutes or until creamy and pale.
- 4. Gradually add egg whites, beating well after each addition.
- 5. Add coconut and flour mixture beat well to combine.
- 6. Spoon into prepared 8 inch round cake tin and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until cooked when tested with skewer.
- 7. Remove form tin and cool on wire rack.
- To make icing combine all ingredients (except extra coconut) until smooth. Spread over cooled cake and sprinkle with coconut to serve.