Turkey Chipotle ChiliFrom way2nrml 8 years ago
- 2 lbs. lean ground turkey ( I think that all white turns out best) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2-4 chipotles in adobo, minced shopping list
- 2-3 Tbs. chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 bottle of your favorite medium or dark beer (optional) shopping list
- 1 can light red kidney beans, drained shopping list
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1-2 C. chicken stock (depends on how "soupy" you like it) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add a little oil and brown the turkey, making sure to break it up.
- Once turkey is browned, add onion and garlic, reducing heat to medium, and cook until onion is softened.
- Add minced chipotles and chili powder and mix well. Cook for one minute.
- Pour in the 1/2 beer and use it to scrape down any of the seasonings that are on the side or stuck to the bottom.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- While chili is simmering, make Corn Pancakes according to package directions and cook on a non-stick griddle over medium-low heat.
- Note: Rachel Ray uses shredded Pepper Jack Cheese in her corn toppers, and they taste great that way, but I choose not to use it because it makes the toppers a little greasy. You choose.