Szechuan Beef With Bean SauceFrom mcnuttle 6 years ago
- 1 pound top round, or strip steak, trimmed of most fat and cut into thin 1″X1/4″X1/8″ slices shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine shopping list
- 2 heaping teaspoons ground bean sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper, trimmed, cored and cut into 1/4″dice shopping list
- 5 dried red Chinese chilies, broken in half shopping list
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced thinly shopping list
- 2″ cube fresh ginger, peeled and minced shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rice wine shopping list
- 1 pound broccoli, thick stems cut on the bias into bite sized pieces, (or asparagus, or green beans) shopping list
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth shopping list
- scant 1/8 teaspoon toasted sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- Toss beef with the next six ingredients (up to corn starch) and allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat wok on the highest heat setting until a thin thread of smoke appears. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil, and allow to heat up for another thirty seconds. Add chili peppers, stir fry until they begin to darken slightly. Add red bell pepper, stir fry about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon oil and the onions and stir and fry until they turn golden–about two minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add broccoli (or other vegetable) with one tablespoon of soy and stir fry until it turns bright green. Remove and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon oil. Drain meat from marinade and spread it out into one layer and leave it undisturbed on the bottom of the wok to brown for at least one minute. When you can see it beginning to brown, begin stir frying, two minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and stir and fry another minute. Add the remaining tablespoon of soy sauce and wine. Keep stir frying.
- Add back into the wok the red peppers and chilies, onion, and vegetables.
- Add the chicken broth and continue to stir fry until beef is cooked through (about 3 minutes).
- Drizzle with the sesame oil. Serve with brown or white rice.
The Cookmcnuttle Truro, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!