Fiesta Pepper SteakFrom pointsevenout 9 years ago
- 1/2c fresh lime juice, about 6 limes shopping list
- 3T fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1T fresh oregano, chopped, or 1t dried shopping list
- 2t ground cumin shopping list
- 1t black pepper, freshly ground shopping list
- 1/4t salt shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 2 (10 oz) boneless sirloin steaks, trimmed and cut into 1/4" strips shopping list
- 2t olive oil shopping list
- 2c onion, sliced shopping list
- 1c yellow bell pepper strips shopping list
- 1c red bell pepper strips shopping list
- 3c hot cooked long-grain rice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add steak strips to bag. Seal and marinade in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally. Remove steak from bag, reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add reserved marinade, onion, and bell peppers; cook 6 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Serve over rice.
- Serving size 1 cup beef mixture and 3/4 cup rice; 376 calories; 19% from fat.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating5 people
Ooooooooooooooo yummy sounds good to me thanks a bunchminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
OMG...this is right up my alley! join us in Look At Me Recipes...we have a thread going for recipes that have been posted a long time, that are worth being brought back up to the front again for newer members to see! You have several!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it