London Estate Pork Shoulder Braised With Apples Have not TriedFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided shopping list
- 5 pound pork shoulder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 5 shallots minced shopping list
- 2 medium white onions chopped medium shopping list
- 1 large jalapeno pepper chopped fine shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 3 cups apple cider shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves only chopped fine shopping list
- 2 medium green apples peeled and chopped medium shopping list
- 1/2 cup calvados or applejack shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat.
- Season pork generously with salt and pepper then sear on all sides.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce flame to a moderately high heat.
- Add remaining olive oil then add mushrooms, shallots, onions, pepper and garlic.
- Sauté stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and cook stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Add apple cider and stock then allow to boil for 20 minutes.
- Return pork to pan.
- Add rosemary and chopped apples then cover pan and bake in 3 hours.
- Remove pork from pan and keep warm.
- Skim excess fat from sauce.
- Add Calvados or applejack to sauce then bring to a boil 1 minute.
- To serve carve meat into 1/2" slices and top with sauce.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!