Beef Diane StewFrom jmv2101 8 years ago
- 2 lb. stewing steak cut up, shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil, shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 4 cloves crushed garlic shopping list
- 14 oz can tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brandy. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook beef, in batches, in oil, until browned.
- Add garlic and onion, cook stirring, until onion is soft
- Add undrained crushed tomatoes, stock and worcestershire sauce, simmer, covered, about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, or till beef is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or till thickened slightly.
- Serve with pasta and sprinkle with extra chopped parsley, if desired.
- Best, like all stews, made a day ahead and refrigerated, covered.
- Can freeze, but stir in cream, parsley and brandy just before serving.
- Bon appetit.
The Cookjmv2101 Sydney, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!