Spinach Artichoke Crab Dip Served In A Bread BowlFrom zarbizarre 8 years ago
- 1 10oz package frozen spinach, thawed and chopped fine shopping list
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 6 to 7oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped fine shopping list
- 1/2 lb backfin lump blue crab meat, picked thru for shells and broken up into smaller bits shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Tobasco sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 6 to 8" sized round loaf of bread shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Toss artichoke hearts, spinach and crab meat in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in cream cheese, Old Bay and Green Tobasco
- Cut round loaf of bread into a bowl large enough to fit 3/4 of the dip into it, by cutting a "lid" from the top.
- With a pastry brush, spread the olive oil all over the inside and outside of the bowl and place in the over on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes until the inside gets a little crusty.
- Remove from oven and fill with the crab dip, letting it pile up over the top of the bowl.
- Place back in oven and cook for 10 minutes, then sprinkle the shredded Mozz on top and put back in oven until melted, but not browned (if you want it browned, add the mozz before baking the crab dip, otherwise the bread will end up too hard)
- Remove from oven, place on serving plate.